Madrid Summer Courses
Step-by-Step Course Guide
1. Review the course schedule
Use the schedules linked below to choose your courses. These documents are regularly updated with any changes to course offerings or schedules.
Syllabi: Click here to access the available summer syllabi. It is important to consult with your study abroad advisor to confirm course approvals at your home institution.
All courses taught in Madrid are 3 units each (45 contact hours) unless otherwise specified. If a course is needed for major, minor, or core credit, students are encouraged to contact the Office of Admissions. Courses may also be offered as seminars for students to fulfill specific requirements.
Courses with an SPA discipline are conducted in Spanish, some of which are cross-listed with non-Spanish disciplines. 300 level Spanish courses or higher require that students have completed SPA 202 or the equivalent prior to enrollment.
2. Select your courses in the online application
Log into your student portal and select your preferred schedule from the drop-down lists in the Courses section of the online application. Please contact the Office of Admissions with any questions or if you are unable to add your courses through the portal.
- Courses selections are due by the application deadline
- Course change requests are due within 2 weeks following the application deadline
- Any other course changes may be requested during the on-site add/drop period