Interested in pursuing an American degree in France? Learn about options through IAU's degree-granting institution - The American College of the Mediterranean.

Bachelor's and Master's Programs


Unless there is a prior billing arrangement with the student's host institution, IAU will send an invoice to the student's permanent address. If payment is not received by the due date indicated on the student invoice, a $150 late fee will be applied to the student’s account. The Institute will not allow students to register for classes if their accounts show outstanding balances not related to documented financial aid disbursements and reserves the right to prevent students from sitting for final exams if their invoices are not paid in full.

IAU accepts credit cards (Visa, MasterCard), personal checks, or money orders as means of payment.

Students on Finacial Aid

Students who expect to receive financial aid disbursements to help pay for some or all of their program fees should notify the IAU Admissions Office immediately and must have their Financial Aid Advisor forward a copy of their financial aid package.


When paying by check, please send payment to:

IAU College
PO Box 66973141
Chicago, IL 60666-0973

Checks must be clearly marked with the student's name and IAU program listed in the memo section of the check. A $35 fee will be added to invoices if a check is returned due to insufficient funds.

Please send checks by mail through the U.S. Postal Service. The PO Box does not accept UPS, FedEx or DHL shipments.

Credit Cards

If paying by credit card, please complete IAU's electronic Credit Card Payments

Payment Plans

IAU provides an option of making automatic monthly tuition payments through Sallie Mae’s TuitionPay Plan to students who pay IAU directly. (Students who submit payment for the program to their home institution are not eligible). Students are able to spread their payments over a period of months, interest free. Sallie Mae TuitionPay Consultants can help determine the lowest-cost payment strategy. If interested, please register on their website or call them at 800-635-0120.

1098-T Forms

Parents claiming students as dependents often wish to use tuition paid for study abroad programs toward educational tax credits. The Institute for American Universities (IAU) does not issue 1098-T forms. If a student’s home institution bills for the program’s tuition, it should issue the 1098-T form. If students pay IAU directly, they or their parents are recommended to seek professional tax advice as to whether such payments would be eligible given that the home campus applies the credits toward a degree. While IAU cannot provide any tax advice, the Registrar can furnish a zero-balance account statement.