There are many third-party study abroad scholarships available through reputable organizations. Applications for these scholarships should be submitted as soon as possible, and make sure to closely follow
AIFS Study Abroad Scholarships, Grants, & Financial Support - Award amounts typically range between $500 and $5,000. Awards are available for students participating in study abroad programs through their colleges.
AllAbroad.us - General and diversity scholarships, grants, and fellowships for underrepresented students.
- Benjamin Franklin Travel Grant - Scholarship of $2,500 for sophomores, juniors or seniors to travel to France for study. Applicants must be enrolled at a U.S. university or college that is a Generation Study Abroad Commitment Partner.
- BMore Abroad - Scholarships of more than $1,000 will be awarded to undergraduate students enrolled at Baltimore-area colleges and universities. Applications for the Winter and Spring 2020 terms are open!
Diversity Abroad - Scholarships range from $500 to $5,000 for students from underrepresented groups. Awards are available for undergraduates participating in semester, summer or academic year programs. The Spring 2020 application is now open!
- Fund for Education Abroad (FEA) Scholarships - Scholarships range from $1,250 to $10,000. Applicants must be current undergraduates who plan to study for the summer, semester or full academic year. FEA gives preference to students with demonstrated financial need and underrepresented in education abroad.
- Gilman International Scholarship Program - Scholarships of up to $5,000 will be awarded to undergraduate students who are receiving a Federal Pell Grant, to study or intern abroad. Applications for Spring 2020, Summer 2020, and Fall 2020 are open!
Goabroad.com - Learn more about the best scholarship application strategies! GoAbroad also shares the top study abroad scholarships that are out there and how to apply.
Go Overseas - Students participating in a semester-long study abroad program are eligible to apply. Selection is based on creativity, enthusiasm, and social media posts. One winner will receive $500.
International Education Financial Aid (IEFA) - Explore IEFA to learn how to find and apply for grants, scholarships, and loans to study abroad.
IIE Generation Study Abroad Travel Grants - The Institute of International Education (IIE) awards scholarships of $2,000 to undergraduate students participating in a semester or academic year program. Applicants must be enrolled at a U.S. university or college that is a Generation Study Abroad Commitment Partner.
International Student Loan - International Student Loan offers access to a range of student loans to international students in the US and US students studying abroad.
- Ivy Panda.com Video Contest - A semi-annual video contest for US students and international students. The winner will receive $1,000 and the runner-up a prize of $500. The fall deadline is October 6, 2019.
- LewerMark "Make Your Mark" Scholarship - International students in the US and US students participating in a summer or semester term study abroad program are eligible to apply. Award amount ranges from $750 to $1,500.
Phi Kappa Phi Study Abroad Grant - Grants are designed to help support undergraduates as they seek knowledge and experience in their academic fields by studying abroad. Seventy-five $1,000 grants are awarded each year. Applications will open on December 15, 2019.
StudyAbroad.com - This online resource provides a list of study abroad scholarships awarded based on academic and personal achievement.
- Surfshark Digital Security & Privacy Scholarship - Win this $2,000 scholarship by writing an essay on privacy and security. Applicants must be undergraduate or graduate students. Fall applications are due November 1, 2019.
- Tortuga Study Abroad Scholarship - Scholarship of $1,000 awarded twice a year to a full-time undergraduate student participating in a semester-long program. Applications for the Spring and Fall 2020 terms are open!
To crowdsource is to tell a personal story online and engage the community to raise money & social support for a cause, project, creative product, business, or event. It can even be used to help fund a study abroad experience! FundMyTravel can help with this process, so consider launching a fundraising project through their website!