There are many third-party study abroad scholarships available through reputable organizations. Applications for these scholarships should be submitted as soon as possible, and make sure to closely follow
AIFS Study Abroad Scholarships, Grants, & Financial Support - AIFS distributes more than $800,000 in scholarships and other financial support every year. Award amounts typically range between $500 and $5,000. Awards are available for students participating in study abroad programs through their colleges.
AllAbroad.us - General and diversity scholarships for underrepresented students.
- Benjamin Franklin Travel Grant - Grant of $900 for sophomores, juniors
andseniors with a French major or minor to travel to France for study.
- Blake Rubin Scholarship - The Blake Rubin Scholarship was created to help future generations get the education needed to prepare for adulthood. Since the price of obtaining higher learning is always increasing, the goal of this scholarship is to help get one student one step closer to obtaining their desired degree. Applicants will be required to submit a 500-word essay no later than July 1, 2019, and the winner will be awarded a $1200 scholarship by the end of August 2019.
- BMore Abroad - The BMore Abroad Scholarship is intended to assist undergraduate students at Baltimore-area higher education institutions
fulfillan international credit-bearing experience. BMore Abroad is an organization aimed at increasing access to study abroad for local students and engaging professionals, students, & alumni towards the holistic advancement of the field of education abroad. Applications for the Summer and Fall 2019 terms are open!
Diversity Abroad - Diversity Abroad, in cooperation with AIFS, offers scholarships for full-time undergraduate (both community college and university level) students studying abroad.
- Fund for Education Abroad (FEA) Scholarships - The Fund for Education Abroad (FEA) invests in promising students with financial need who wish to study abroad. Potential applicants who meet the eligibility requirements may participate
on anyinternational education program that meets their academic objectives. Scholarships range from $1,250 – $10,000 and can be applied for programs that run between May,2019 and April,2020.
- Gilman International Scholarship Program - The Gilman Scholarship Program offers awards for undergraduate study abroad and was established by the International Academic Opportunity Act of 2000. This scholarship provides awards for U.S. undergraduate students who are receiving Federal Pell Grant funding at a two-year or four-year college or university to participate in study abroad programs worldwide.
Goabroad.com - Learn more about the best scholarship application strategies! GoAbroad also shares the top study abroad scholarships that are out there and how to apply.
Go Overseas - The Go Overseas Study Abroad Scholarship is open to all current or aspiring study abroad students. Scholarships are awarded each year. The scholarship is awarded based on the creativity and analytical thinking displayed through writing samples, photos, and/or video submissions.
IEFA - International financial aid and college scholarship search.
IIE Passport - IEE (Institute of International Education) provides detailed descriptions of hundreds of study abroad scholarships, fellowships, grants, and paid internships for U.S. undergraduate, graduate and post-graduate students, and professionals.
International Student Loan - International Student Loan is here to help by offering access to a range of international student loans, foreign-enrolled loans and study abroad loans to international students and Canadian students in the USA and for US students studying abroad around the world.
- "Make Your Mark" Scholarship - This scholarship is offered by LewerMark, an agency geared towards international student health insurance. LewerMark has tailored programs to fit the health insurance needs of international students and the institutions where they study. The "Make Your Mark" scholarship is aimed to assist students with their cost of education abroad, and U.S. study abroad students have the opportunity to win up to $750.
Phi Kappa Phi - Phi Kappa Phi Study Abroad Grants are designed to help support undergraduates as they seek knowledge and experience in their academic fields by studying abroad. Seventy-five $1,000 grants are awarded each year.
STA Travel Scholar Award - STA’s mission is to create opportunities for students and young adults to experience the world around them. The scholarships serve to help achieve that mission and give deserving students the opportunity to study abroad where they can learn just as much about themselves as the world around them. Students should have one of the following academic majors to qualify: photography, film, art, travel and tourism, international business, international studies and/or a foreign language.
StudyAbroad.com - List of study abroad scholarship-granting organizations.
- Tortuga Study Abroad Scholarship - The creators behind Tortuga backpacks are passionate about exploring the globe. To encourage college students to study abroad, the company offers $1,000 Tortuga Scholarships – and a Tortuga backpack – twice a year.
- WSA Europe Cultural Bridge Scholarship - WSA Europe is a student travel organization dedicated to providing educational tours and travel resources for students studying abroad throughout Europe. It is WSA's mission to ensure every student spends at least one period abroad during their time in either college or high-school. WSA has created the Cultural Bridge Scholarship to allow students the incredible, enriching opportunity to study abroad in Europe. The purpose of this scholarship is to defray the expensive living and academic cost of spending a semester abroad. The scholarship is open to all students already signed up or applied to study abroad.
- "Make Your Mark" scholarship - The “Make Your Mark” scholarship program is now in its fourteenth year of assisting students with the cost of their education! Please click the link to see the essay prompts and amounts granted.
To crowdsource is to tell a personal story online and engage the community to raise money & social support for a cause, project, creative product, business, or event. It can even be used to help fund a study abroad experience! FundMyTravel can help with this process, so consider launching a fundraising project through their website!