Careers at IAU College
Job title: University Relations Intern
Department: University Relations
Reports to: University Relations Manager & Associate Director
Job Summary: Work with the university relations team to help facilitate the partner management and development process. You may be assigned to a specific job, such as working on market research, phone banking, updating existing records, or fulfilling material requests. Additional tasks will be assigned as needed. Each project is very important and neither greater nor lesser than any other task. Your assignments will be varied in frequency and level of difficulty but please remember each is VERY important.
About IAU: The mission of the Institute for American Universities (IAU) is to provide excellence in international education, inspire intercultural awareness, and prepare students for success in a global community through the study of European and Mediterranean history, languages, cultures, and contemporary issues. IAU has academic campuses in France, Spain, and Morocco where students can study for a semester, summer, or January Term. IAU’s degree-granting branch, The American College of the Mediterranean (ACM) is based on the Aix-en-Provence, France campus and offers both bachelor and master’s degree programs.
IAU’s U.S. Office oversees student enrollment, partner relations, and program development and is based in San Diego, CA. There are five full-time staff members and one part-time member based in the U.S. Office with whom the University Relations Intern will work closely, in addition to IAU’s President and CFO who frequently work from San
Characteristic Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assists with the maintenance of the partner database (Salesforce)
- Contributes to streamlining processes and procedures
- Supports tracking and uploading of pending university agreements
- Audits partner websites to ensure IAU information is up to date
- Maintains regular inventory of marketing materials and IAU/ACM merchandise
- Prepares mailings for study abroad fairs and custom requests
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Personal Characteristics:
- Strong Microsoft Word,
Power Point, Excel and Outlook capabilities
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Interpersonal/human relation skills
- Ability to organize time, projects, and details
- Competency in internet research
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
Preferences: Schedules will be coordinated according to your availability. We prefer that you work in increments of no less than three hours. Our office is open from 8:30am – 5:00pm, Monday through Friday in Mission Valley, San Diego.
Compensation: $11 per hour for up to 20 hours per week
- Deadline: Rolling until November 1st, 2018 or until the position is filled, whichever comes first.
- Please submit a resume and cover letter to IAU's University Relations Manager, Ms. Kate House.