Careers at IAU-ACMJoin a dynamic team with a passion for international education
IAU-ACM is currently seeking qualified applicants for the following position:
Direct assistance for the Director of Student Life
- Housing: Assistance with lodging for students living in host families under the guidance of the Housing Coordinator. Assistance in communicating with families or individuals hosting students. Assistance in student residences in order to help students settle into their new living spaces in France.
- Student Life: Organize with the Director extracurricular activities that contribute to students’ integration (regional trips, cultural development, volunteering, sports, etc.) Help students develop leadership opportunities and learning possibilities with volunteer or service learning opportunities.
- Advise and Counsel Students: Assist with students’ orientation into a new culture.
- Alumni Fellows: Work with returning students in organizing and guiding the new incoming students over the semester
- Other duties as needed.
Experience in the field of student affairs and activities. Deep understanding of French and American culture, their differences and similarities, very important.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required.
Language: A minimum B2 level of English essential and fluency in French
Type of contract : Temporary (CDD) but with possibility for permanent contract (CDI)
Compensation: Salary according to experience from 20 000€ to 23 000€ / year
Application: American College of the Mediterranean (ACM/IAU) 13100 Aix-en-Provence, contact Mme Hakima Thomas, Assistante de Direction, 04 42 23 02 82, firstname.lastname@example.org
Start Date : 1 September 2022
The Director of Custom Programs works with universities and other academically focused institutions as well as ACM faculty and staff abroad to develop and implement high quality, specialized (usually faculty-led and/or short-term) study abroad programs.
- Develop, manage, deliver, and evaluate custom programs and related materials; consult and assess faculty and student needs; write proposals and prepare quotes for partner institutions
- Manage logistical planning for custom programs, including but not limited to accommodations, transportation, excursions, and cultural and course-related activities
- Serve as point of contact for US staff supporting custom programs, ensuring that deadlines are met and timelines are maintained/followed
- Oversee related contracts and agreements, including developing program proposals and memoranda of agreement as well as negotiating contracts as needed
- Develop detailed budgets and manage all financial aspects of programs, including evaluating third-party vendor bids
- Collaborate with international staff and partner organizations to develop comprehensive itineraries and budgets for programs.
- Oversee the program pre-departure process for staff and faculty for program implementation as well as manage student data
- Serve as liaison to partner institutions to ensure compliance with relevant policies and procedures
- Analyze program outcomes and post-program evaluation summaries, recommend improvements on future programs and initiate/manage program renewal.
- Collaborate with IAU faculty and staff (international and domestic) to manage and trouble-shoot challenges and provide creative solutions to complex programming requirements
- Delegate custom program responsibilities to staff and oversee completion of tasks
- Other duties as assigned
- Travel to U.S. college campuses to cover study abroad fairs and customized visits
- Some international travel as needed
- Attendance at international education conferences as needed
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in related field preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of professional work experience in international education or related field
- Minimum of 3 years of experience managing a portfolio of customized or faculty-led programs
- Must have participated in a study/work/intern/volunteer abroad program
- Must have the ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed
- Must have experience in project management or similar position managing multiple clients/customers, programs, projects, etc.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficiency in a second language (preferred)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to regularly exercise independent judgment and discretion
- Strong proofreading and grammar skills
- Knowledge of international travel and cultural awareness/sensitivity
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality
- Excellent computer skills and comprehensive knowledge of modern office practices and procedures
- Knowledge of bookkeeping principles and basic university accounting, purchasing, and travel policies and procedures (some training provided)
- Proficient in MS Excel, and MS Word and desktop publishing programs, as well as in the use of scanning equipment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, faculty, supervisors, other agencies and the public; Pleasant and professional demeanor
- Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks concurrently and within a demanding environment; Detail oriented; Strong organizational skills; Ability to follow through with projects
- Ability to work independently with judgment and thought and capable of prioritizing workload with minimal supervision
- Ability to give professional presentations to small and large groups of people
- Preference for individual with personal experience in international study
Compensation: The salary range for this position is commensurate with experience. Additional benefits include a major medical plan, vision, dental, disability, and life insurance, four-week per year vacation pay plus major holidays, a 403(b) plan with employer contributions, and an employer-sponsored Health Savings Account (HSA).
Application Process: Qualified and interested candidates should send their CV, cover letter, and contact information of two references to Dr. Jessica Calhoun, Associate Dean of Admissions and Alumni Affairs, at Jessica.email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Due to expected enrollment growth, The American College of the Mediterranean (ACM), a non-profit degree and study abroad institution with European headquarters in Aix-en-Provence, France, is currently seeking an intern for its U.S. Office in San Diego, California. The U.S. Office intern will help support the marketing, recruitment, media, and alumni affairs operations for its degree programs as well as those offered through its study abroad institute, The Institute for American Universities.
This is a great opportunity for students to gain work experience in an international education environment. The position offers valuable skills in public speaking, professional correspondence, social media management, marketing research and development, graphic design, project management, and more. An intern can expect to work in a fast-paced, detail-oriented, and goal-driven work environment while playing an integral role in the marketing and media needs of the U.S. Office of Admissions and Alumni Affairs. A successful candidate must have an interest or background in marketing, communications, media, public relations, graphic design, video and/or photo editing, or other related fields.
As part of this position, the intern will be assigned to conduct a variety of ongoing tasks and projects including but not limited to the following:
- Work closely with the marketing committee for ACM to build a presence for ACM on LinkedIn and increase followers and engagement on Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, and other social media channels.
- Work closely with the marketing committee and collaborators based abroad for IAU and ACM to create and implement an effective social media strategy to increase engagement and followers across all platforms.
- Track social media trends and engagement to identify high-performing ideas and campaigns for scalability.
- Build and utilize a media content calendar (for social media, MailChimp campaigns, and more).
- Work within ACM and IAU’s brand guidelines to maintain cohesive brand identity across all platforms and marketing initiatives.
- Support ACM and IAU marketing committees with the promotion of events, updates, campaigns, spotlights, etc. by creating email campaigns and flyers using Mailchimp, Canva, Photoshop, and/or other marketing content tools.
- Reach out to ACM and IAU alumni to encourage community engagement, gather testimonials, and build reviews on Gooverseas.com, Studyabroad.com, and Goabroad.com.
- Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as necessitated by business needs.
ACM-IAU’s U.S. Office will provide you with the necessary training and resources to accomplish the tasks.
Start Date: July 6th, 2022 or as soon as possible thereafter.
Hours per week: 15 – 20
Pay: $16 per hour. There are no benefits available with this position.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Energetic, flexible, and hard-working
- Detail-oriented and able to juggle multiple tasks
- Creative thinker
- Ability to quickly learn and process information
- Solid familiarity with Word and Excel, bonus if familiar with Microsoft Suite including Sharepoint and Teams
- Meets challenges with resourcefulness, generates suggestions for improving work, and develops innovative approaches and ideas
- Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention
- Demonstrable social networking experience and social analytics tools knowledge
- Prior experience or interest in marketing, communications, graphic design, or social media marketing is extremely attractive as is an aptitude for using technology/databases in the workplace
- Independent work ethic
- Prompt and reliable. Must demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills
- International experience (internship, language course, gap year, study abroad, independent travel) is a plus
Application Process: Interested candidates should send a resume, brief cover letter, and samples of their related work (social media posts, graphic design work, videos, etc.) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “ACM-IAU U.S. Office Marketing & Media Internship.” Qualified applicants will be contacted for a Zoom interview with the U.S. Office of Admissions and Alumni Affairs team. The search will remain open until the position is filled.
Interested in teaching at IAU for a semester or academic year?
IAU is always interested in qualified teaching professionals able to work in France and/or Spain and teach in English. For teaching opportunities in Aix-en-Provence, France, please contact Dean of the College Dr. Leigh Smith. For teaching opportunities in Barcelona, Spain, please contact Spain & Center Director Dr. Ignasi Perez. For teaching opportunities in Madrid, Spain, please contact Center Director Marisol Garcia.
The American College of the Mediterranean, which houses IAU as its study abroad institute, is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.